25 Main Street, Suite 202
Chico, CA 95929

Tel: 800-822-0109

Tel: 530-898-5923

Fax: 530-898-4870

These programs are ideal for older adults wanting to be active and serve children, older adults and caregivers living whithin their community. Foster Grandparents and Senior Companions dedicate anywhere from 5 to 40 hours of services every week, depending on their availability.

Volunteer Foster Grandparent Program:

If you, or someone you know, is over 55 years of age, loves children and is looking for a way to stay active, consider becominng a Foster Grandparent.

Foster Grandparent Volunteers serve anywhere from 5 to 40 hours a week and if eligible, can earn a tax-free stipened. To learn more contact the PASSAGES Volunteer Services Director at 530.898.4307.

Volunteer Senior Companion Program:

The Senior Companion Program offers adults ages 55 and over an opportunity to Give the Gift of Friendship by becoming companions to older adults wanting to remain independent and living in our community. Senior Companions can provide anywhere from 5 to 40 hours of service weekly visiting in the home, driving to Doctor appointments, going on walks, or to the grocery store.

In retun for their services, Senior Companions, if eligible, receive a tax-free stipened, mileage reimbursement and assistance with transportation.

To learn more about becoming a Senior Companion please contact the PASSAGES Volunteer Services Director at 530.898.4307.

Volunteer Medicare Counselors:

PASSAGES Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) is in need of volunteers who are willing to become State registered HICAP counselors. Counselors help people with Medicare, or imminent to Medicare, answer questions or resolve problems dealing with health insurance, prescription drug resources, long term care insurance, and rights and protections. We are currently looking for counselors to help seniors, caregivers and adults with disabilities in Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Plumas and Tehama counties. Candidates must be computer and Internet competent.

For an application or more information contact Tim Sonnenburg at 530-898-6641.

Become a state certified Long-Term Care Ombudsman.

Help protect resident’s rights and improve the level of care in skilled nursing and residential care facilities for the elderly (assisted living). Become a state certified Long-Term Care Ombudsman. Training is provided. Call 898-6628 or 898-5923 for information. You can also email for further information.

Volunteer Opportunities